Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Undergetting (un)Square

Well folks, it's August.  August 16, to be exact.  It's been almost an entire month since my last blog.  The reason for this delay was, of course, my going on tour with the 7th Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps.  It was a pretty typical tour, about the same as the previous four years.  We were placed in some nice schools, and some not-so-nice schools.  We had good and bad fields, showers, and weather.  Although this year we did not have any sickness.  I don't mean injuries, I mean illness.  Every year I remember there has been some prevalent illness at some point on tour, but not so this year.  Way to go!

Anyways, there are so many subjects I could discuss on the matter of tour.  To keep us all sane I will only discuss the outcome, because, let's be honest, that's all some people can understand.  In the end we placed 7th in Open Class Championships for the year with a final score of 86.150.  You can watch our finals performance here- 7th Regiment Finals 2011  We had yet another awesome year of marching music and self-improvement.  I am extremely happy that I decided to push myself and march this summer, even though I missed the majority of the season by being across the world.  On another note, the 7th regiment also had eleven individuals/ ensembles compete in the 2011 I&E competition.  I performed once again with my darling friend Victoria Smolenski.  We placed second in our category with a score of 80.0.  Another great experience for the both of us.  You can watch the video here- Caitlin & Tori I&E 2011.  You should also check out the links to the other videos of 7th participants. 

If you have any other questions about our season or drum corps in general, feel free to send me a message!


 I got to see my lovely friend Kristen while in Dayton, OH
 Yay rehearsal in PA!
 Kevin Thompson performs his I&E for the corps
 Liz Walek perform her I&E on mellophone.
The brass quintet performs (they won their category).
I pose with one of my co-captains, Erica, while awaiting full corps retreat to receive our scores at finals.
 Captains Rachel and Erica show off our lovely instructor, Dana.
 Time for the underwear run- through!
 The 7th Regiment performs in Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN.
 Miss Daisy receives her volunteer of the year award.

No comments:

Post a Comment