Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Blogging from A to Z

Well everybody, I just signed up for a blogging challenge.  Say what?!  Yes, it's true.  For any of you who have participated or heard about NaNoWriMo, it's kind of like that.  As you can now see to the right side of my page I have signed up for the Blogging from A to Z challenge.  This is the third year of the event, which runs the length of April.  The challenge is as follows:

"Can you post every day except Sundays during this month? And to up the bar, can you blog thematically from A to Z?

Most of the time if you subtract Sundays from April, you then have 26 days--one day for each letter of the alphabet. When April 1st lands on a Sunday you begin on that day which will be the only Sunday you would post during that month's challenge.

Using this premise, you would start beginning April First with a topic themed on something with the letter A, then on April second another topic with the letter B as the theme, and so on until you finish on April thirtieth with the theme based on the letter Z. It doesn't even have to be a word--it can be a proper noun, the letter used as a symbol, or the letter itself. The theme of the day is the letter scheduled for that day.

To provide an example: My "A" topic in the first year's challenge was a debate using April Fool's Day. In 2011 my "B" topic was Blog Boggled--a regular feature on my blog. For the letter "C" one could use candy or cake and post a recipe. D could inspire a post about the letter grade "D" as you might receive on a test in school. Maybe F could be represented by FE, the symbol for iron. "  (courtesy of the Blogging from A to Z page)

Sounds pretty simple, doesn't it?  Well, we will find out!  In two months!  I don't know if this decision is a good one as I don't know how busy my life will be in April, but I am determined to at least try.  So if any of you people out there want to participate in this personal challenge you can check out the details here- Blogging Challenge.  I hope to have some fun with this challenge, and I hope everyone out there will support me as well! 

Now, who's ready for April?

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Welcome on board the A to Z Challenge! We shall have loads of fun exchanging comments and visits!

    #atozchallenge
    A to Z Challenge April 2012

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep should be fun so must be done, signed up too, just as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caitlin - Thanks for plugging the A to Z Challenge in your post - every little bit helps!

    I hope you have fun getting ready for this awesome event!

    Cheers, Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete