Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

W is for...

Wuv, twue wuv!

 For all of you out there who may not realize what this is from (you fools), it is from the timeless classic book/movie, The Princess Bride.  The book was originally published in 1973 by William Goldman and the movie was produced by Rob Reiner in 1987.  The Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies simply because of the vast subject areas that it covers.  It has romance, comedy, adventure, and fantasy.  And it has it all in spades!  And then, at the climax of the movie, there comes a priest; The Impressive Clergyman.  And he makes such a beautiful speech... it just brings a tear to my eye every time.  That tear might just be a tear of laughter, but it's a tear every time.  Sadly it is Buttercup's marriage to Humperdink, not Westley, that brings about this wonderful scene in the movie.  But that's still okay with me as they find twue wuv togevah at the end of the movie.


So thank you, Impressive Clergyman, for your contribution to one of the best movies of all time.

4 comments:

  1. Man and wife! Say Man and Wife!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this movie a few times yet nothing about it sticks with me! I love it, but I don't remember this part at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great book and a wonderful movie. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen the movie a few times, and I introduced the movie to my wife. The clergy man was great, and Wuv, twue Wuv is a line to remember. great post.

    ReplyDelete