Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Kreativ Blogger?

Recently I received a comment telling me I was "awarded the Kreativ Blogger award."  I'm not exactly sure what that is to be honest, so out of pure curiosity I duly followed the link of said comment to SheilaScribbles blog.  Apparently this is an honor in the blogging world, so thank you Sheila for discovering my blog and finding me good enough to receive this award!

As a part of this award I actually have to do something (*sigh* so demanding!).  And as a part of this award I wanted to find the originating page, which was actually more difficult than I was expecting.  After simply tying Kreativ Blogger into Google all the pages I got were receiving pages, but nothing about the origination.  So I had to get a little more 'kreativ' about my search words.  Anyways, as it turns out, the 'award' originated in 2008, but it really wasn't an award.  More of an acknowledgement.  And now it has turned into somewhat of a chain letter.  From what I got from Sheila, accepting the award comes with the following:  
"1. Thanking the blogger who nominated me to receive the award and providing a link back to their blog
2. Sharing 10 things about yourself that bloggers might find interesting!
3. Nominate 6 other bloggers to receive the award and inform them."
But from what I found on other sites, the requirements are thus:
"1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated."
Any way you look at it, it's a chain letter, or a chain award more accurately.  And to be honest, I really do hate anything chain related.   But I guess I'll follow the rules to a point, since I am happy to receive and pass on this award.  So here we go...

Seven Things that YOU, My Readers, May Not Know About Me

  1. I love cats.  All shapes, sizes, and species.  That may make you think I'm crazy, but I'm really not.  I am, however, determined to make that my life's work.  For a slightly better idea on what I want to do, you can check out this website, Panthera.
  2. I enjoy cooking, but I LOOOOVE to bake.  Granted, I don't always eat what I bake, but that's the joy of it!  I don't have to!  I just give it away.  And that way I can make all the fattening foods I want without the consequences, ha!
  3. Reading is one of my passions.  I prefer sci-fi/ fantasy but I also read non-fiction works, particularly anything involving wildlife or conservation.
  4. I started blogging to write about my time abroad in New Zealand, but I soon realized that I really enjoy blogging.  The A to Z Challenge was a big boost to this belief.  Now I just need to find the time to keep posting regularly.
  5. I have a small immediate family (two parents, a brother, a sister in law and their two kids), but I have a very large extended family (a total of fourteen aunts (two deceased), two uncles, and an innumerable amount of cousins).
  6. While I enjoy the popular movies, I tend to only own the less popular ones, simply because they're cheaper to buy!  (I like them just as much as the popular ones)
  7. I've never been stung by a bee.  Bitten by an emu, yes, but never stung by a bee.

Now that that's done, here is my list (my very short list) of the blogs that I am nominating:
  1. The Sweet Adventures of Sugar Belle
  2. Clay Baboons : Clay People, Real Stories
  3. Grilled Cheese Social
I really enjoy all three of these blogs.  Numbers one and three because they are about baking and cheese (two of my favorite food areas) and number two because she uses cute clay people to animate her posts; a very clever and amusing idea.  So cheers to all of you!

And that's it!  I'm now going to head to the aforementioned blogs and give them my nomination and be done with this matter!  Happy trails folks, hope to see you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your award! They are fun to get even if they end up being like chain letters.

    ReplyDelete